SDState Abroad Global Ambassador Program
Welcome back from your exciting global experience! Whether you participated in a faculty-led program or with ISA, CAPA, CIEE or ISEP we want to connect with you! Now that you are back at SDSU, do you find yourself talking about your experience all the time? The SDState Abroad Office has the perfect opportunity for you. The SDState Abroad Ambassador Program is a volunteer opportunity offered through our office designed to engage SDSU students who have participated in any program (academic year, semester, summer, or winter term) in promoting global engagement opportunities.
Who is an SDState Abroad Global Ambassador?YOU! SDState Abroad Global Ambassadors are study abroad, service learning and internship returnees who are passionate about their experiences abroad and are willing to share their insight and expertise with fellow students.
What does an SDState Abroad Global Ambassador do?As a student representative of the SDState Abroad Office, an SDState Abroad Ambassador will go through basic training and will utilize this knowledge, plus their own personal experiences, to conduct global engagement presentations to SDSU 101 classes, and lead a number of other events, such as admission events, fairs, orientations, and one-on-one conversations with SDSU students. An SDState Abroad Ambassador will also have the opportunity to help incoming semester International students transition to SDSU.
Being an SDState Abroad Global Ambassador is an exciting opportunity that empowers students to build on their global experience and help their fellow students develop an international scope to their academic experience. All ambassadors are expected to participate in regular monthly meetings to plan and discuss activities. In addition, all ambassadors are expected to attend training meetings, held throughout the Fall and Spring semesters.
SDState Abroad Global Ambassadors will gain:
- Leadership & public-speaking skills
- Cross-cultural knowledge
- Marketing & recruitment experience
- Access to professional development opportunities
- An opportunity for other fun experiences with our office throughout the year
- Act as a resource to students considering a SDState Abroad experience and for those transitioning back to SDSU
- Help promote global engagement opportunities through class presentations, admissions events, the Study Abroad Fairs, Jackrabbit receptions and other special events (pre-arranged with SDState Abroad office)
- Hang posters around campus
- Participate in International Education Week
- Offer a student perspective regarding the application/approval process to students who have begun the process
- Participate in pre-departure orientation sessions and re-entry events
- Coordinate at least one on-campus activity per month promoting global engagement (i.e. information table, presentation, meeting)
- Assist with social media
How can I apply?Please read the job description carefully before applying and contact Briana.Litz@sdstate.edu for more information.
Questions? If you have questions, contact Briana Litz (SDState Abroad Advisor in charge of Ambassador Program) or Sally Gillman (SDState Abroad Director).